Summer is the perfect time of the year to head to the beach and try and beat the Australian summer heat. Although heading to beach is the best part of summer, it is also time to remember and refresh yourself and your family on some summer safety tips. Thus, ensuring your beach experience is remembered for all the right reasons.
10 Summer Safety Tips
- Slip on a shirt, slop on some sunscreen, slap on a hat, slide on some sunnies, slurp lots of water, seek some shade.
- When entering the water wear light clothing, as heavy clothing can affect your ability to swim.
- If in doubt, don’t go out. Assess the ocean and your ability to swim before entering the water.
- Avoid swimming in the ocean at dusk, dawn or during the night. Only swim in pools if the area is well lit.
- Do not consume alcohol and swim or engage in any maritime activity.
- Never go fishing or swimming alone, safety in numbers.
- Be vigilant when exploring rock pools, sea creatures still inhabit these areas.
- Read all the safety signs.
- Always enter the water feet first and slowly, as you never know how deep the water is or what could be lurking below.
- When visiting the natural environment remember to only take photographs and leave only footprints’, thus ensuring the delicate ecosystem is not disturbed.
Summer is the perfect time of the year to have fun in the sun at the beach. Follow these 10 tips as a guideline to ensuring your holiday experience is a rememberable one.