Please read the following Terms and Conditions which are taken as agreed by both parties upon a reservation being made. To Help avoid any confusion or disappointment, we urge you to carefully read the following information. Thank you.
We strongly recommend that you take out Travel Insurance in the unforeseen event that your plans should change and you are no longer able to stay with us when originally planned. Please see T&C below.
Deposit Policy Tariffs shown are in Australian Dollars, includes GST and valid until 30 April 2022 and are subject to change without notice and should be used as a guide only.
Seasonal prices apply. Prices are subject to change without notice. Rates shown are valid through to 30th April 2022. For other rates outside of this period and quotes for your dates please book either via our online booking site or contact us on (07) 4959 0152, international phone +61 7 49 590 152 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org and submit all details requested below.
Online booking: A valid credit card must be provided during the online booking process, which will be securely used to process full payment.
Telephone or email bookings: A deposit equal to the first night’s accommodation is required immediately to secure the booking. Deposits can be paid by credit card over the telephone (we accept Visa and Mastercard) or direct deposit. Personal cheques or money orders will not be accepted. Should a deposit not be received immediately, your reservation will be cancelled.
Payment Terms: Payment of a deposit via Direct Deposit is required immediately to allow for processing, in order to confirm the reservation. Failure to receive this deposit will result in automatic cancellation of the booking. Payment of the final balance is due on arrival prior to entry of the park unless the reservation is for a school holiday period; where full payment is required 14 days prior to the commencement of the specified school holiday, please refer to “School Holiday Booking Terms” below. If arriving outside of office hours, full payment will be taken from card details provided at the time of the initial booking.
- In order to confirm your reservation, a deposit is required at the time of booking via credit card or direct deposit;
- Payment of the deposit via direct deposit requires actioning immediately to allow for processing, in order to confirm the reservation.
- Failure to receive this deposit will result in automatic cancellation of the booking.
- Payment of the final balance is due on arrival prior to entry of the park. **For stays of 21 days or more on a Powered Site, payment for the first 7 days only is required on arrival prior to entry.
- Payment of the final balance where reservation dates fall on or in school holidays is required 14 days prior to the commencement of the school holiday, please refer to “School Holiday Booking Terms” below.
- Payment/s with a card will incur a surcharge.
- Cancellations of a school holiday booking received:
- More than 14 days prior to the start of the booked holiday block; the deposit amount is refundable, less a $30 administration fee or the booking dates can be changed* , please refer to “Change of Dates Terms”.
- Less than 14 days prior to the start of the booked holiday block; the full payment is non-refundable and non-transferable until your site or accommodation is rebooked for the original booking dates.
- Cancellations of a booking (not within school holidays) received more than 7 days prior to the arrival date, can be processed in 2 ways:
- The deposit amount is refundable, less a $30 administration fee, or
- The booking dates can be changed* , please refer to “Change of Dates Terms”.
- Cancellations of a booking (not within school holidays) received within 7 days of the arrival date, can be processed in 2 ways:
- The balance amount is refundable; less the first nights tariff, or
- The booking dates can be changed up until 3 days prior to the arrival date incurring a $20 administration fee* , please refer to “Change of Dates Terms”.
- Cancellations of a group booking have the above conditions applied individually to each room or site booked; not to the group as a whole
Change of Dates Terms:
- Change of dates can be made at any time up until 7 days prior to arrival, subject to availability. Please note there is a limit of one change of dates over the lifetime of the booking.
- Change of dates made up until 3 days prior to arrival are also subject to availability in addition incurring a $20 administration fee. Please note there is a limit of one change of dates over the lifetime of the booking.
- Any change of rates for the new travel dates will require payment of the difference at the time the changes are applied.
- School Holiday Bookings; change of dates received more than 14 days prior to the commencement of the booked holiday period can be made, subject to availability. Please note there is a limit of one change of dates over the lifetime of the booking.
- Reducing the number of nights for a current booking can be processed in 4 ways:
- Prior to arrival date will incur no charges; not including school holidays or minimum night stay bookings
- School holiday booking more than 14 days prior to commencement of the holiday period will incur no charges
- School holiday booking less than 14 days prior to commencement of the holiday period are non-refundable
- Minimum night stays outside of school holidays must maintain the required number of nights; thus, are unable to be reduced
- Early departure: No refunds will be given should you decide to reduce your stay as an inhouse guest.
School Holiday Booking Terms: all school holiday booking decisions are based on 14 days prior to the start or less than 14 days to the start of the booked holiday period NOT the arrival date of the booking
There are four periods of school holidays where the dates vary each year:
- Easter school holidays; 2 weeks in addition to the Easter public holidays falling in March and April
- June / July school holidays; 2 weeks only
- September / October school holidays; 2 weeks in addition to the Queen’s Birthday long weekend
- Christmas / New Year school holidays; only the 2 weeks incorporating Christmas and New Year of this 6 week school holiday block is classified under School Holiday Booking Terms. These dates will vary depending on when Christmas, New Year and their respective public holidays fall. This block of dates is at the discretion of Management
Payment of the final balance is due 14 days prior to the booked school holiday period beginning and is non-refundable, please refer to “Payment Terms” above
Cancellation of a School Holiday Booking can be treated in two different ways depending on when the notification is given – please refer to “Cancellation Terms” above
Changing dates for a School Holiday Booking will only be accepted up to 14 days prior to the booked school holiday period – please refer to “Change of Date Terms” above
Security Deposit: For all accommodation & sites: A valid Visa or Mastercard will be required on making a reservation / check-in. Your card will be held securely on file as a security deposit on unpaid balances, damages or excessive cleaning.
Group Bookings: Group bookings outside of school holiday periods must have guest numbers and full payment finalised 7 days prior to the arrival date as no refunds will be given for changes advised on arrival.
Visitor Policy: Yes, you are more than welcome to have visitors to your site or accommodation for the day, all visitors must park their car in the public car park. Your visitor/s needs to register at reception prior to entry and a DAY USE FEE applies (overnight visitors attract the usual tariffs). Unfortunately visitors are not permitted during Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day or the 4 days of Easter as we have discovered that this inundates the park and its facilities and has a negative impact on our paying guest’s enjoyment. We thank you for your co-operation.
Holidaying at Cape Hillsborough Nature Tourist Park
Please be advised that, as our valued guest, you are entering the park as a tourist for holiday purposes.
Children are to be supervised by their parent/s or guardian/s at all times.
During your stay; armbands are to be worn by all guests.
We ask that no tarps, tents, mats or floor coverings be placed on grassed areas.
As our location is beachside with a tropical climate, some of the local sandflies and mosquitoes come out to play at dusk and dawn. So remember to pack an insect repellent as we recommend the preventative of applying repellent before heading out for a day of fun and exploration.
Bunk Bed: Please be advised that under Workplace Health & Safety obligations we must comply with the Australian Standard AS/NZS 4220:2003 which states “Children under the age of 9 years are not permitted to use the top bunk, children must not play on the top bunk.” Please take this into consideration when making your booking.
Occupants: The quoted tariff is based on the number of adults and children provided at the time of booking. Should the number vary, the tariff may alter. Please note that for accommodation a maximum number of occupants applies for each accommodation style, as noted on our website. These maximums include infants and cannot be exceeded. For sites, up to 6 occupants (maximum 4 adults) per site. Extra person tariffs apply from the age of two (2) years and above. A Rollaway Bed is available; only for the Beach House, Family Cabins 2, 3 and 4 at a cost per night and must be reserved due to limited availability. Twin Share (separate beds) incur additional charges, please notify us on booking if required. Port-a-Cots (including linen) and High Chairs are available for your stay at an additional fee. Please notify us on booking if these are required due to limited availability.
Check-in time is 2.00pm for accommodation and 12pm for sites. Check-out time is 10.00am. Every effort is made to accommodate guests arriving before the check-in time, however accommodation / sites may not be immediately available. Requests for late check-outs are subject to availability. Should it be possible to offer a late check-out, a late departure charge may be applicable.
Office Hours: are subject to change without notice due to seasonal demand
- April to September and School Holidays 00am-5.30pm Sunday to Thursday 8.00am-6.30pm Friday & Saturday (Takeaway Fish & Chips / Pizzas 5-6.15pm)
- October to March 00am-5.00pm Sunday to Friday 8.00am-6.30pm Saturday (Takeaway Fish & Chips / Pizzas 5-6.15pm)
Should you be arriving outside of these hours just let us know and we’ll make special arrangements. Late arrivals will only be accepted until 9pm to ensure minimal disturbance to all park guests. Please note that Cape Hillsborough Nature Tourist Park is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day. Arrivals and Departures cannot be scheduled for these days.
Noise curfew: Cape Hillsborough Nature Tourist Park is a family orientated park, so with this in mind, a 9.30pm – 7.00am noise curfew applies to ensure enjoyment for all guests. Any guest who generates unreasonable noise, or behave in a manner that management deem inappropriate will be asked to leave – No refund will be provided. A Park representative is accessible 24-hours a day for emergencies.
Vehicles: There is strictly one vehicle per accommodation / site. There is a public car park located at the entrance of the park for extra vehicles. Management / Owners reserve the right to ask guests to move cars or boats if they pose a safety risk to patrons or the running of the park.
Accommodation is serviced every 4-days for stays of 7-nights or longer.
Long Term Stays as a holiday tourist park, we enjoy welcoming guests to our park all year through, please note that stays longer than 30 days are at the Managers discretion.
Bicycles: If you are planning on bringing your children’s bikes, scooters etc, please pack their helmets as we have a “No Helmet No Ride” policy in the park. This will be enforced by all park staff, managers and owners but remains the responsibility of the supervising guardian. Riding is only permitted during daylight hours.
Takeaway Food: Night Takeaway Fish ‘n’ Chips and Pizzas are available weekends, see “Office Hours” above. Light lunches are available between 10am and 2pm. If available, ALL food served on Public Holidays are subject to a surcharge.
Food/Groceries: Grocery stores are located at Marian or Mackay (30 to 40 minute drive north or south of Cape Hillsborough). Please ensure you come prepared with your own food as our convenience shop stocks minimal groceries and does not have a restaurant. All accommodation is self-contained with pots & pans supplied for a two burner gas cooktop. There is NO OVEN located in the accommodation. All camping guests have access to a basic camp kitchen located in the camp grounds; with two gas BBQs, kettle, toaster, electric cook top and two sinks. There are NO cooking utensils, public fridges or freezers in the camp kitchen. Ice is available from the shop
Campfires are not permitted in our park
Our location hinders mobile coverage and internet service. Therefore, the park is unable to provide WIFI.
All accommodation and facilities are non-smoking.
Sorry, but pets are not permitted.
Please note: the owners, managers and staff are not responsible for any damage caused by flora or fauna and ensure you use common sense on all occasions Our Terms & Conditions and Tariffs can change without notice.
GIFT Certificate T&C’s
- Are to be used by the expiry date (3 years from date of purchase)
- All accommodation and sites booked with gift vouchers, provided by Cape Hillsborough Nature Tourist Park are strictly subject to availability at the time of booking
- The amount does not guarantee a particular form of accommodation.
- Should the total spend be more than the value of the Gift Voucher, Cape Hillsborough Nature Tourist Park will invoice for the difference and this must be paid prior to entering the park as per booking terms and conditions.
- Gift Vouchers are not replaceable if lost, stolen or destroyed, photocopied or altered in any way and will not be accepted by Cape Hillsborough Nature Tourist Park or be otherwise redeemable.
- Gift Vouchers may not be redeemed for cash. No credit or change will be given on the unused portion of the voucher.
- Gift vouchers are for one use only.
- This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Voucher Code must be provided at time of booking.
- All standard Terms & Conditions are applicable.
- Cancellation policy can be found HERE